New England Blogs

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Land Of The Giants

146/365
What is this?????? I've learned a lot about flowers, birds and other wildlife since I have gotten into photography, but I still have sooooo much to learn. I am not a gardener, nor do I pretend to be. I have a few flowers in the garden here at home, but none that require work. The reason is plain and simple. I don't like the bugs. I can't stand to be digging and finding slimy, creepy, crawly things. I start screaming and running around with my arms flailing like a complete idiot if I have a bug on me. It's a phobia and as hard as I try not to freak out, I just can't control it. So, that's why I visit other peoples gardens and public gardens for my photos. This giant mass of leaves is growing down at the butterfly Garden in Abington. I noticed it last night, so I went back tonight to photograph it for today's photo. My question is..........what is this???? I'm not sure if the photo shows justice to the scale of the leaves, but they are massive and all I could think about was that I was in the Land of the Giants as I stood beside it.
The Specs:
Panasonic LX3, ISO 100, 1/20, f2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment