New England Blogs

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Butterfly Kisses




145/365
If you're a regular follower here on the blog, you may remember me mentioning taking photos at Abington's Butterfly Garden. I frequently stop by there for photo ops. I kept wondering........where are the butterflies? Well, as you can see, I found some today. A good macro lens would have come in handy for me today, but I don't have one, and will probably not be getting one for a very long time, so the 18-200 had to do for now. These have all been cropped.

May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond.
~Irish Blessing

The Specs:
All Nikon D90 18-200 mm lens, ISO 200
Photo one: 1/250, f8, -2/3 ev
Photo two: 1/250, f7.1, -1/3 ev
Photo three: 1/400, f7.1, -1/3 ev
Photo four: 1/800, f5.6, -1/3 ev

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful Carol! Where is the butterfly garden in Abington ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MaryC,
    It's on Central Street, across from the Island Grove Pond. It's not very big, and there aren't too many flowers there, and today was the first day I've seen so many butterflies there all Summer. The garden itself has some potential, but I think they need to put more work into it to make it prettier and add more of a variety of flora. (Not that I'm complaining, because I hate to do gardening work....too many scary bugs!)

    ReplyDelete