New England Blogs

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rain rain don't go away

157/365
It rained through the night and was still raining this morning when we got up. I'm not complaining.......the rain is good for the trees and I'm hoping for a good foliage season. It wasn't a good day to be outdoors, nor was it a good day for photography. We pulled over so that I could take a photo of this hillside in Sheffield VT, and I snapped a few shots while sitting in the truck. Some would say I was being a lazy photographer, but I say I was being practical by keeping dry. :-) Note how nice and green the gass is...........all of the grass up there was green and lush......nothing like at home here in MA.......a very good sign that things are not as dry up there as it is here. But look at the colors of the trees........I noticed that they are already strating to show signs of the very beginning of changing. The stressed trees have already begun to change......but that happens everywhere every year and it is not unusual. Here's a shot from the same spot that I took at full zoom:


In my opinion, I think things are progressing normally up there, but perhaps maybe a little early.
The Specs:
Nikon D90, 18-200 mm lens, ISO, 1/100, f9, -1/3 ev

2 comments:

  1. Love those flares/firecrackers in the mountains! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BNVT.........soon enough those firecrackers will be all over. Can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete