New England Blogs

Friday, September 30, 2011

Swamp Maples

Day 182/Year 2
There's still not much Fall color around here in SE MA, but these swamp maples on Rte 139 Abington/Holbrook line are showing some good early color. The swamp maples are always the first to show color.

"October gave a party; The leaves by hundreds came – The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples, And leaves of every name. The Sunshine spread a carpet, And everything was grand, Miss Weather led the dancing, Professor Wind the band."”
                                             ~George Cooper
I am heading to VT at 5 am tomorrow for the weekend. I can come up with 100 different reasons and rationlize why it's ok for me to go away the weekend before the wedding. :-) I hope to get some foliage shots, although the weather is looking pretty bad. The good thing is, on rainy days, the foliage colors really "pop". Showers would be ok....heavy rain on the other hand.....I sure hope not. I'll be back to blogging Sunday night. Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment