New England Blogs

Friday, September 9, 2011

Slow shutter speed

One of the goals I set for myself for year two of the blog was to do more slow shutter speed photography. I was happy to work towards that goal tonight in Hull MA.
                                                        Boston Light:
I love the starburst effect I got using an aperture of F29 on this first shot.
This second shot doesn't have too much of a starburst, but I just love the wave that I got in the forefront:


Lastly, a slow shutter speed shot where I intentionally included the water and rocks in the forefront to show the blur of the water. This was a 15 second exposure. The Boston skyline is in the background.

I had an amazing afternoon/evening out shooting with Diane. I'm sure more shots from today's excursion will be featured this week on the blog. Stay tuned.
The Specs:
All Nikon D90, 18-200 m lens, ISO 200
Photo one: 13 second, f29, -1 ev
Photo two: 0.4 seconds, f 5.6, -1 ev
Photo three: 15 seconds, f14, -1/3 ev

2 comments: