New England Blogs

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A few from Vermont

Day 92/Year 2
A few more from last week in Vermont. It's raining today and I didn't get out to take any shots. The above photo is located at the Parker Pie Company in Glover VT. Mr. S went in to pick up dinner, and the barn and flowers caught my eye while I was sitting in the car. Soooooooo.......I fired up the Nikon and took a few shots. I eliminated the grey sky in this shot as it added nothing to the photo, and I like the tighter crop that I made focusing on the barn and flowering bush.
This is Lake Willoughby in Westmore VT. Seems like we are experiencing the same kind of weather this week as last week:
This last one was taken at the Red Sky Trading Shop in Glover VT. I LOVE this place! It's run by a wonderful couple who sell goods out in their barn. She bakes homemade goodies, as well as jams and jellies that are to DIE for! They also sell antiques, and whimiscal items as well. Their property runs alongside the Barton River and their gardens are just made to be photographed (by me of course!) I stop by here everytime I am in VT and they are always so kind and welcoming to me and my camera. Here's a shot of one of the barn windows:

I also got this lupine in the garden there:

Looking forward to heading back here next month! :-)

2 comments: