New England Blogs

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cape Cod Shorebirds

Day 84/Year 2
I made another one of my goals for year 2 of the blog. My good friend and photo buddy Diane and I took a ride down to Sandwich, a lovely little town on the upper part of Cape Cod. Our co-worker Nancy D lives in Sandwich, and she took us on a photography tour.
My favorite part of today was seeing the shorebirds. The image above is of a Least Tern, which was nesting in the sand on the beach. The nesting area is scantily roped off, and it amazes me that there really isn't a nest. The eggs are just sitting in the sand. Here they are:
I was able to catch this one bringing dinner home:

We also took a walk along Sagamore Beach, and there was another nesting area roped off. The Piping Plovers were nesting here. Here's a shot of this adorable Piping Plover who posed for us for quite some time!

I had SUCH A GOOD DAY! There are many more photos to share from today, so I will be posting them here on the blog over the next few days. Stay tuned.........

No comments:

Post a Comment