New England Blogs

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fields of Lupine in Sugar Hill NH

Day 83/Year 2
We stopped off in Sugar Hill NH today on our way home from VT. Each June, the hillsides in Sugar Hill and Franconia become alive with beautiful lupines. This is a must see for photographers. There are photo ops around every turn. The beauty is not only in the flowers, but the backdrop of the mountains which make for some stunning images. It was overcast with low clouds today and I was very limited with my time, so I only took a few photos. (The husband, 2 dogs, and 18 yr old son who was anxious to get home to see his girlfriend were all waiting for me in the car........not conducive for a relaxing photography session.........more or less hurry up and take a few shots then jump back in the car but I'm not complaining)...........I was pleased that I at least had some time to get this church scene I have been dreaming of getting:
The sky.......ugh! This is more or less a "record" shot and I want to go back next June if the sun ever comes out by then (as I say very sarcastically!) But, even though I didn't have a decent sky, I was happy to set up my tripod and take a few shots nonetheless.

The colors......oh the colors are just so beautiful. Even these white ones are just lovely and I love the way they contrast against the purples, blues, and pinks:

If you remember, one of my goals for year 2 of this blog was to take more photographs in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Although it was a quick stop, I was glad to at least partially make that goal today.

No comments:

Post a Comment