New England Blogs

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Fall Foliage Northeast Kingdom of VT 2021 Day 1

 Oh, where to begin? I have spent 9 total days photographing the Fall Foliage in Vermont. Seven days last week, and did two weekday daytrips this week and have loved every minute of it.

I guess I'll begin my blog posts in chronological order and start with day one. So here we go.......

First day of the seven day trip was on Saturday October 2nd. When we arrived up in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont it was overcast, some fog, light rain and drizzle. Speaking of fog, you will note through upcoming blog posts that fog was a theme several days this week.

We drove up from MA and got off Rte 91 in Lyndon. I wanted to explore some of the backroads that go into the highlands in this area. Here is what we found on that day:





The entire area was peak/near peak and the colors looked good. Really really good! We knew we were in for a treat for the rest of the week. More blog posts will be coming each day from this trip so stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. Great start for your week! I like the positive way you get right into whatever you're presented with weather-wise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia. I actually do love fog, but last week it was just a bit too much even for me. It burned off most days and it honestly did add some drama to some of the photos. The rain was minimal so can't complain! Thanks for the kind comment.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful place in the world. Your images always draw me in and make me feel like I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Muffy. I really appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Glad you're having fun Carol.

    ReplyDelete