New England Blogs

Monday, October 18, 2021

VT Fall foliage 2021 Day 3 Bald Hill Pond Jobs Pond and others

 Day three started out pretty much the same as days 1 and 2. Clouds and fog, but at least there was no rain. Again, we knew from the forecast that we weren't going to get a sunrise shoot. We headed out around 7:00 AM. We wanted to go to Jobs Pond, which was rained out the day before. We decided to go back to Bald Hill Pond, which was pretty socked in with the fog the day before, because it was on the way. Day three had some morning fog, but it wasn't as thick as it was on day two. The colors were so good at this pond, it really did deserve a second look.




We then made our way to Jobs Pond. It's one of my favorites and I've photographed this pond every Fall for the last 20 plus years. The colors this year were as good as it gets here. 


This is one of my favorite shots from this trip:


From here, we headed to Pensioners Pond in West Charleston. The sky was beginning to brighten. It wasn't sunny, but the clouds had lifted and there was just a bit of fog remaining in the higher elevations.


Our next stop was in Westmore, near the North end of Lake Willoughby. We stopped to photograph a red barn, and was happy when I heard the tractor coming up the hill, because I knew it was going to add a little something to the barn shot. I just waited for the tractor to come up the hill and started shooting when it was in a pleasing location for the photograph. I briefly went over to say hi to the farmer when he got up to the top of the hill.


The barn as seen through an old wagon wheel.


I noticed the house on the distant hillside and decided to take a telephoto shot while I was just standing there. I love this house. I remember years ago it was for sale, and the real estate listing named the house "The Queen of Willoughby". (My artistic license.....I changed out the sky in this next shot. I was so sick of dealing with grey skies while processing the images that I needed a blue sky!)



From here we went to Jack Brook to do some waterfall shots. I basically just shot from the side of the road due to mobility issues with my foot and ankle, but my friends got some beautiful shots from down in the water bed. I mostly just socialized. :-) I did get this shot from the road that I'm happy with.


That's about it for day three. It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. The cloudy skies have enhanced the colors for you. Wonderful shots, of course. My favorite is the one with the farmer--complimentary colors with the red and green, so VT with a barn and farmer, and great foliage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Muffy. I always appreciate your kind words.

      Delete