New England Blogs

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Bald Eagle Nest

The eaglets have grown so quickly at the nest which I've been visiting this Spring. I would guess they are probably 7 or 8 weeks old and it boggles my mind how big they are already. Mama no longer is in the nest with them. I'm sure she must be very happy about that. One of the adults came along yesterday with a large fish. I was excited and assumed the adult would land in the nest with the fish.......but nope.......the adult did a fly by the nest with the fish......verbally communicated with the eaglets, and then flew to a distant tree where it devoured the fish.



This is the other adult who also did a fly by the nest about 45 minutes later after the one with the fish came by.


Here is the nest with the two eaglets......


I've really been enjoying following this family. Click on the photos to enlarge!



1 comment: