New England Blogs

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Portland Head Light

Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth Maine is a beautiful lighthouse, with many different photographic opportunities. When we first arrived here, the sun was shining and there were a few pretty clouds dotting the sky. It was mid day, not the best time for landscape photography, but we made the best of it.
We were there for quite a while, and the clouds were rapidly rolling in.

We were planning on staying for sunset, but the clouds won over and Diane and I decided to start the long drive home while there was at least a little bit of daylight left.
Tomorrow I will share with you one more lighthouse that we photographed on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Carol, I love the Portland Light. Every time I've photographed it though, it has been cloudy, cold and windy. I'd like to shoot it on a day with some big puffy clouds...maybe sometime. If not before, maybe in 2015!

    I especially like the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait till 2015 so I can see you and Lynne again! :-) We're going to have a blast!!!
    Thanks for stopping by to comment Al. Always great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete