New England Blogs

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Life Goes On

Once again I must tell you the reason for my absence. My dear Father In Law has passed away. He was diagnosed with cancer in July and immediately put on Hospice care. He passed away in our home on September 3rd. He was surrounded by loving family members during his last week of life. 

He was a true American hero....a very proud Veteran who was very active in the local American Legion Post. It was fitting for him to have a military send off. In this photo, you can see the flag draped casket being saluted by two representatives of the US Navy, as his body was being taken to his final resting place.


It also was very fitting to have a Patriotic Prayer Card for him. I was honored to have the family choose one of my photographs to be used on the Prayer Card.


I am lucky to have had such a wonderful man as my Father In Law. This has been a very difficult year, as I have lost both of my "Fathers". Life goes on, but it goes on with some very large voids that can never be replaced.


4 comments:

  1. Dear Carol, ~ I send you and your family my sincerest condolences on the loss of your father-in-law. Our parents, being of about the same age, often leave us in close order. It's very sad but I'm glad they knew their beautiful grandchildren ~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your beautifully written reply Cynthia.

    ReplyDelete