New England Blogs

Saturday, January 6, 2018

From The Inside Looking Out These Days

The Winter here thus far has provided some pretty spectacular photo opportunities for the landscape photographers..... from an ice storm which coated the trees and limbs with ice, to several mornings of sea smoke along the coast due to the below zero temperatures, to a Supermoon rising, to a Nor'Easter which dumped 16 inches of snow here in my neighborhood and massive waves and flooding along the coast. The temperatures here have been relentlessly frigid, and only the tenacious and what some would call crazy photographers have been outdoors to capture what Mother Nature has thrown our way. I would like to think that normally I would have been out there with the best of them, trying to capture these moments with my camera, but I'm afraid that I have been staying indoors battling a relentless cough and bronchitis.

An intimate and somewhat abstract view of the blizzard from my family room window....


I've been reading a lot, and have binge watched over 30 episodes of Downton Abbey. I'm beginning to speak with the accent and words of an Englishwoman in the 1920's. So I will leave you with a Good Day my Ladies and Gents, and hope this bloody bronchitis bids a fair adieu.


4 comments:

  1. Best of luck recovering from your malady, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like these tree branches in snowy apparition. Good choice, Carol, to make inside home your base of operations for present. You don't want to encourage the dreaded lurgy! (Brit for any illness that is not very serious but is easy to catch!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I certainy do not want to encourage the dreaded lurgy!!!! :-) Thank you for the smile Cynthia. I'm also glad that you liked my snow image as well.

      Delete