New England Blogs

Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Personal Favorites

Happy New Years Eve to you. Here is my annual look back at some of my favorite images that I have made during the year that is ending . Some may not be technically perfect, as sometimes the memories and feelings that I get from the photos count more to me than the technical aspects. I need to feel something when looking at my own images. That's what makes me happy and keeps me shooting

Winter 2017

I had a Duxbury Beach Pass last Winter, but with my luck, it was a year with no Snowy Owls. I did however make some landscapes that I'm happy with while searching for the elusive Snowys.



We went to New Jersey to visit our dear friends, the Heiser Family. 

An alley in beautiful Frenchtown New Jersey:


This shot of the New York City skyline brings back the emotional feelings I had while visiting this spot. The huge steel beams in the forefront were taken from one of the fallen twin towers. The placement of the tattered flag and the newly built Freedom Tower speak to my heart. We will never forget.




This Great Blue Heron stuck around  MA for the Winter:


Spring of 2017:

Ryleigh picking tulips at Wicked Tulip Farm in RI....


Red Tailed Hawk in flight eyeing some prey below....


Handsome Henry on his first birthday....


One of the many covered bridges in Vermont. I like the horse in the forefront which adds to the Springtime small town country feeling I was going after.



Heavenly beams before a Spring time thunderstorm in VT.


Summer 2017:

Evening sky at Motif Number 1 in Rockport MA....


A beautiful swan preening it's feathers in Abington MA.....


Fall 2017:

Stevie's First Birthday.....


Cog Railway NH....



Intimate view of Beaver Brook Falls in Colebrook NH....



Chittenden Reservior  VT....


Full moon rising over Peacham VT....


Moonlit sky at May Pond in Barton VT....


Milky Way over our barn in Barton VT.....


Milky Way taken just next door at my neighbors barn in Barton VT....


Acorn Street, Beacon Hill Boston MA....


The Wonder of Christmas with Stevie....


Nubble Light in York Maine dressed up for Christmas....



Wishing you a New Year full of happiness and good health. Thank you for following the blog throughout the year. It really means so much to me!

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a Happy New Year filled with beautiful scenes to see and photograph in your outstanding way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia. I appreciate it and I also want to thank you for being a faithful follower of the blog. Happy New Year!!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful set, Carol. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry. Happy new year to you as well. I look forward to following your photographic adventures in 2018

      Delete