New England Blogs

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Crystal Lake/Barton VT

Day three of VT foliage trip:
Monday morning I went off by myself to shoot the sunrise. Mr S stayed home. I went up the road to the Crystal Lake boat access ramp along Rte 5 to catch the sunrise. I set my tripod up and waited for the magic to happen. It would have been nice to have more fog.....low fog makes some dramatic lighting when the sun rises, but it was still beautiful nonetheless.


Once the sun came up, I turned the tripod around and shot the scene that was directly behind me. Peak colors along the shore of the lake.


Here's a shot taken just before I returned to the car.


From here, I went up through the village and stopped to photograph the Pines Farm from across the Barton River.


Gotta love that morning light! Next post will feature Monday afternoon's images.

No comments:

Post a Comment