New England Blogs

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Chasing a balloon and pizza the NEK way!!!!

On the way back from Holland, I shot this view taken from Burton Hill Road in Irasburg.


We then went to the Barton Fairgrounds to see our Barton neighbor who was riding in a horse show on that Sunday afternoon. I'm going to print, mat and frame a picture for her as a gift. Here is one of the pictures I took:


Sunday evening we had a dinner date with our friends Terri and Steve (they and their sugar house have been featured here on the blog several times) Terri picked us up and drove us to Lyndonville to have dinner at The Pizza Man. I did not bring the Nikon with me. I was going to, but thought this evening was not going to be about photography, and I didn't want to look like a big dork and bring my camera gear to dinner.
Big mistake.........
On the drive, we noticed a beautiful hot air balloon off in the distant sky. All I had with me (thank God I did) was my point and shoot, which has a great sharp lens, but it has very limited zoom. Poor Terri was driving feverishly trying to get me to a place where I could shoot the balloon. I may or may not have been making her frantic. I don't remember...........
So she pulled over and I was able to get this shot, but I knew I wasn't going to be happy with it.


Terri then asked if I would like to try to get a picture of the balloon over a covered bridge.
Ummmm.......yes please!!!!!!
The balloon is still not as close as I would have liked and I'm not too crazy about all of the wires, but it was great to get a shot of the balloon and the bridge! 


I jumped back in the car and may or may not have asked Terri to "hit the gas let's go"!!! and we finally found the best possible spot to get the photo I was after.


I wonder if Terri and Steve will ever invite us out to dinner again??????

On a final note, the pizza at The Pizza Man was delicious. We all got different specialty pizzas and shared. I tried a slice of the Northeast Kingdom Special...........it is pizza with bacon, caramelized onions, apples, maple syrup, and cheddar cheese. It sounds strange, but I must tell you it was one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted. You must go here and get this pizza if you are ever in the Lyndonville area of Vermont. It's THAT good. 
Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment