New England Blogs

Friday, October 21, 2011

On Walden Pond

Day 205/Year 2
Diane and I headed up to Concord and Lexington MA at 5:15 this morning. We arrived at Walden Pond, just minutes before sunrise. It was a gorgous Fall day, and after hiking the trails around Walden Pond, we both came to the realization of why Henry David Thoreau wanted to experience simple living in natural surroundings at this beautiful location.
We had a wonderful day, and I will have many more photos to share from today's trip. I gave the new lens a good workout! Today is an "all about me day". I got home from today's trip about an hour ago, and now I am heading to Quincy to meet up with my college friends for dinner and drinks.

"The shore is composed of a belt of smooth rounded white stones like paving stones, excepting one or two short sand beaches, and is so steep that in many places a single leap will carry you into water over your head;and were it not for it's remarkable transparency, that would be the last to be seen of it's bottom till it rose on the opposite side. Some think it is bottomless."
---------Henry David Thoreau
The Specs:
Nikon D90, 17-55 mm leans, ISO 200, 1/20, f4
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment