New England Blogs

Friday, October 14, 2011

North Adams MA

Often times when things don't work out the way we planned, an unexpected photo op comes our way. I just love when this happens. This next shot is one that I took on the road after we got out of the road from hell (mentioned in the blog below) The colors were beautiful and even though this was taken smack dab during the mid day light, I don't find the lighting too harsh.
Day 198/Year 2
We made our way to downtown North Adams......oohing and aahing over the beautiful foliage along the way. (I was oohing and aahing......Mr. S, not so much) :-) The man was hungry and needed to be fed! I don't know where the people who live out this way go out to eat. There was nothing in the area, until we hit North Adams. We had a fantastic lunch at "The Hub", which was located right by our hotel. After lunch, the hotel was nice enough to let us check in early....it was around 1:30 pm. We went up to rest, and ended up falling asleep. We were both exhausted from the wedding week, and we had been up since 4:30 that morning. So much for my well planned itinerary. I didn't include nap time on it. Needless to say, we never made it to the Natural Bridge State Park. Next time..........
Here's downtown North Adams:


Pretty, huh? This is such a beautiful area. I can't wait to go back and spend more time here. I loved the old architecture and all of the history here, and the rolling hillsides popping with Fall color were the icing on the cake. Loved it!
So I put three blogs up tonight. Not sure if I'm caught up or not but I'm tired. Will post some SW Vermont photos tomorrow. I loved it there too!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What awesome photos Carol. I have never been out to that part of Mass. before and now feel the need to go. I'm so glad you had fun and I can't wait to see more!!
    Talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,
    Thanks. Yes, you and Tony would really like it out this way for sure!!! So much to see.....so little time!

    ReplyDelete