New England Blogs

Monday, August 29, 2011

Vermont's destruction to a happier time

Have you seen the news reports coming from Vermont about the severe flooding from Tropical Storm Irene? It's devastating to see, and it has upset me so much. We all know it......I LOVE Vermont. It has a very special place in my heart that is indescribable. So, with a heavy heart, I will share with you a link with images of the flooding:
http://www.facebook.com/WCAXTV

I feel so blessed to have gone through this storm virtually unscathed. Times like this allow us to take a step back and reflect on what is really important in our lives. First and foremost is family. I have "permission" from N to share this image which I took last Saturday night at the Orleans County Fair in Barton Vermont. Who ever would have thought that just one week later the state of Vermont would be facing such devastation? This was a happy time shared with those we love. Here's my 3 kids, all with their "significant others". We are so blessed........all 6 of these kids are very special people!

Awwww......just look at all of those smiles. They just melt my heart! :-)
Did you notice something about Jay? Look closely...............

The lip bling is gone!!!!!!! Yes siree......it's actually been gone for a few months now. Is he handsome, or what?

2 comments:

  1. What a great group of young people. You must be very proud of your family.Having known most of them since they were infants... yikes am I old!
    I know much you love Vermont. Mother Nature has a funny way of showing her true colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm old too!!!!! :-) Yes, I am sooooo proud of all of them and I'm so lucky that they each have such wonderful bf/gf's. :-)
    Thanks KB!

    ReplyDelete