New England Blogs

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chasing the light

We had numerous thunderstorms in the area this evening. Late day storms usually =great light. As you know, I usually jump in my car after just after late day thunderstorms. Some of my favorite photos were taken during those times. Sometimes the light works out, and others, well, not so much. Tonight was one of those nights where there may have been great potential, but the light just wasn't there. Here's one of the first shots I took:
This was taken from the hill below Great Hill in North Weymouth, by Wesagusset Beach. Shortly after I took this image, the sky opened up again. This was the very next shot that I took after this one. On this next shot, I had to jump back into the car to take cover, and the car was pointed towards what would have been the Boston skyline.......that's if the skyline was visible of course. :-)

The pink sky never returned after this downpour. Here's the final image I ended up with. Not particularly what I was hoping for, but each time out with the camera is another new and different experience, so it's never a waste of time in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment