New England Blogs

Friday, August 5, 2011

Moose memories

Day 136/Year 2
I decided to go way back into my files to find an image to post tonight. It's so much fun to dig through the old photos.....the memories come flooding back to the moment the shot was taken.
This image is one that I describe as being "a magical moment."
Mr S and I went to VT with 4 of our very good friends for a fall foliage weekend. The 4 of them had never seen a moose, and we were on a moose quest the entire weekend. We took them to all of the "local moose hangouts" so to speak......you know....the places where moose inhabitate and are seen.
No luck.
On the drive home, we stopped at the Dog Chapel in St. Johnsbury to show them the Chapel and Dog Mountain. We pulled up, and there standing at the top of the hill, was this bull moose!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so totally unexpected.........our friends didn't believe me at first, and thought the moose was one of Stephen Huneck's sculptures.......that is until he twitched his ear.
It was an amazing moment......one that I will never forget......and I'm sure our friends will never forget it either!
I just love this silhouette, and hope you like it too!

4 comments:

  1. You're right Carol...I'll never forget that day.
    First realizing he was real and then you, Heather and I running up the hill for a "closer"look!haha
    It was a perfect ending to a great weekend spent
    with such good friends!!!
    Thanks for the memories and here's to many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Nancy, I'm looking forward to many more good memories too! I thought you might enjoy seeing this picture up on the blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete