New England Blogs

Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Patriot's Day!!!

Day 26/Year 2
Today is a holiday here in Massachusetts.....it's Patriot's Day........... a civic holiday commemorating the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first battles of the American Revolutionary War. It is observed on the third Monday in April in Massachusetts and Maine. It's one of those strange holidays where it doesn't really seem like a holiday. The best part about Patriots Day here is the annual running of the Boston Marathon. My son N went into Boston today to see one of his friends run. I picked him up tonight at the Braintree T station (for those not from Massachusetts, that would be the train station)
When I saw this bike rack, I knew I found today's photo. I gave it a "grunge" look using a posterizing filter.
The Specs:
Panasonic LX3, ISO 400, 1/25, f2.2, Posterization filter in Picnik

No comments:

Post a Comment