New England Blogs

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I am so touched!

Day 161/Year 2
I would like to give thanks to all of those who have emailed me over the past two days regarding the damage in Vermont from Hurricane Irene. I can't even begin to tell you how touched I am by those who have reached out to me. It means so much to me!
As far as I know, our house up in Barton has not sustained any damage. Mr. S spoke with one of our friends up there yesterday and was informed that the Barton River did rise and flood and do some damage. I have received emails and heard from some of our Vermont friends, and so far, everyone is ok. I am still waiting to hear back from Cheri and Doug.....the owners of The Red Sky Trading Shop (which I frequently blog about) Their property sits on the bank of the Barton River so I emailed them to see how they were doing, and haven't heard back from them yet. I pray that everything is ok with them.
I am truly blessed to have such caring, compassionate, and wonderful people in my life. Thank EWE from the bottom of my heart.
The latest report I have gotten from my good friend Phil, who lives in Johnson VT and is the unofficial Vermont "Foliage King" (Truly, this man is a gem, a salt of the Earth guy, who knows every single road in the state of Vermont inside and out....he is amazing.....and I am planning on blogging about him this Fall, with his permission of course!) Anyways, his latest report is that the main roads in Vermont should be repaired in time for the foliage season, but many of the side roads will probably still be closed due to being washed out and bridges damaged. I hope and pray that this years foliage season will bring lots of tourist and money to the already hurting economy in the state of Vermont. The good news is that the leaves are all still healthy.
Today's image was taken last weekend at the Orleans County Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment