New England Blogs

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Blue Hills

Day 142/Year 2
What a glorious day we had today! A perfect 10. There was no humidity....my favorite weather. I just HAD to be outdoors today, so I took the folks for a drive up through the Blue Hills in Milton MA. That's the city of Boston in the background. My Dad asked......"You can see the skyline from here, can't you"? He remembers this location from when he had his eyesight. It always makes me sad when I think of how much my father misses since he went legally blind. But, he makes the best of it, and he has such a wonderful spirit. We sat at a picnic table for a while and enjoyed the fresh air and wonderful breeze.
We then went down to Brookwood farm:

I think the folks really enjoyed their day today. I know I did!

2 comments:

  1. Love that picture Carol! I hope they are enjoying their new home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MaryC,
    Thanks, and yes, they are very happy there. It's such a relief having them there and it's such a plus that they are so happy.

    ReplyDelete