New England Blogs

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Too bad......wrong lens!

Day 21/Year 2
Do you see that cute little bunny rabbit in this photo? Yeah, I know........it's kind of hard to see. Here's the scoop. I put the 50 mm lens with the 4T closeup filter onto the D90 this afternoon, and headed out into the backyard to take some closeup shots. Little did I know it was "wildlife playtime" out there! As I was heading down to the back of the yard, I saw this adorable little bunny hopping through the woods......and it came to a stop just as it exited the woods and saw me. I took the closeup filter off and took a few shots, knowing I didn't have nearly enough reach with the 50 mm lens. Oh well. Not a big deal. So, I then walked further back and suddenly I saw a gorgeous deer in the woods. Man, I wished I had the longer lens with me! I took a few shots anyways......and they are not sharp enough. I did a Photoshop treatment to this one to try to salvage it. It's not good.....but I want to post it anyways so here goes:
I know it, huh??? Talk about a missed opportunity!!
After the deer exited I got busy working on the original task I had in mind. We had a lot of heavy rain today, and I wanted to get a closeup shot of a water drop on a forsythia bud. Here's one I managed to get. I love the reflections!

Lesson learned. Carry all of the gear with you out in the backyard. You never know who or what is going to be out there to photograph!
The Specs:
Nikon D90, 50 mm lens, ISO 200
Photo one: 1/80, f4.5
Photo two: 1/60, f4
Photo three: 1/60, f7.1


No comments:

Post a Comment