New England Blogs

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Manchester Vermont Fall 2021 and Dorset Quarries

 Today's post features photos taken from my last day of shooting in Vermont this Fall. It was another daytrip. My cousin and fellow photographer Betty, has a good friend named Sharon, who lives in Manchester VT. Sharon invited us up to her neck of the woods to show us around the area. I have never been to Manchester before and all I can say is that I fell in love with the area. It's a gorgeous town in Southwest VT. 

Our first stop of the morning was to photograph The West Dummerston Covered Bridge, which is the longest covered bridge in the state of VT, at 280 feet. The bridge was built in 1872 and it spans the West River in Dummerston.


Sharon advised us on a route to take from Boston. She recommended we make our way up to Jamaica VT which is in SE VT, and from there to take Pike Falls Road over to the Western side of the state. This is a GORGEOUS dirt road that runs up through the mountains from East to West. A few photos from this road:




We stopped along the road to Stratton Mountain and photographed the view from the road.


Sharon met us at Dutton's Farmstand in Manchester. I photographed the sugar house which was all decorated for Halloween.


From here we stopped to photograph the First Congregational Church in Manchester


We went to downtown Manchester and had a delicious lunch at a pizza place.


Our next stop was to the Dorset Marble Quarry. It is the first marble quarry in the United States. What a beautiful place for photography!




Our next place to see was a four mile loop drive in Dorset Hollow. The views on these roads are gorgeous.





Our final stop was to visit the Manchester town Common where we got one of the most delicious Maple Creemees I have ever had. I have no photos of it, but it was so good. :-)

It was sad for me to see this day end, as I knew it was going to be my final day to photograph the Fall foliage in VT in 2021. It was a beautiful Fall in Vermont this year, and I'm thankful and humbled to have been able to witness and photograph the beauty of another Fall in Vermont. 

Stay tuned for some Boston foliage photos which will be featured in the next blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your beautiful photos of fall in Vermont!
    The quarry water reflections are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful, as always. The marble quarry was very interesting and I love the photos of it, especially the first one. I always enjoyed visiting Manchester, VT--My aunt and uncle used to live there.

    ReplyDelete