New England Blogs

Friday, November 5, 2021

Hartland Covered Bridges, Buttermilk Falls, Echo lake, and Weston Mill VT Foliage

 I hope this Fall has been a good one for you. I made two day trips to VT the week after my weeklong stay up in the NEK. The first daytrip was with my good friend and fellow photographer David. David's favorite thing to photograph is waterfalls so I planned an itinerary to photograph some areas in Central VT including a few waterfalls. 

I left my house in SE MA around 4:40 am. Guess what????............ We arrived to our first location socked in with fog. :-) I just couldn't escape the foggy mornings this year. Our first stop was at the two covered bridges in Hartland VT. I honestly wasn't thrilled with any photos I took at this location, but wanted to share a few anyway. My friend who is more mobile than me got some great shots of the falls, but unfortunately mobility is an issue for me since the mva so I make the best with what I can do.



A nearby railroad track caught my eye

From here we took side roads to our next destination. Along the way we passed a narrow road called Sugarhouse Lane. The name of the road caught my eye so I turned around and went back to the road to look for a sugarhouse to photograph. The sugarhouse turned out to not be photographic, but the road itself was really pretty.....


Shortly after this, the sun broke through the fog and it turned into a lovely day. Here is a stop at Echo Lake in Plymouth VT.




Our next stop was to Buttermilk Falls in Ludlow VT. This is such a pretty little area. It was my first time here. 

Beautiful color and reflections along Buttermilk Falls Road



I'm glad I brought my trekking poles because they really came in handy navigating myself through the short walk through the trail to get to the falls. It's a short walk, but lots of rocks, tree roots, and fallen leaves.

The main fall



There are also upper and lower falls at this location that my friend David got some great shots of as well.

From here we decided to drive up along Okemo Mountain. What a beautiful resort and mountain.



Our next stop was to photograph the Old Mill in Weston.






Our final stop of the day was to photograph Stickney Brook Falls in Southern VT



It had been a very long day and from here we both decided to head back home. Stay tuned for the next day trip I took that week, along with some more local Boston photos I've recently taken. Thanks for taking the time to view the blog. I really appreciate it. xxoo

8 comments:

  1. The foggy photos have charm and drama, very nice. Waterfalls have magic.
    Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Salty. Happy November to you as well!

      Delete
  2. The fog adds a pleasant variety to your images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ed. Really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. You were certainly challenged with weather issues, but still had some beautiful blue sky days. My 2 favorite photos of this wonderful group were the stream with the colorful trees on the left and the railroad tracks. I know you work hard to get the best of the best images, which is why you do get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Muffy. I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Lovely atmospheric, fog-drenched images. Can smell the fallen maple leaves on Sugarbush Lane, cleverly taken from low-down angle!

    ReplyDelete