New England Blogs

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Harrisville NH and Jaffrey NH Fall Photos

 Today's a good day to catch up on posting here on the blog. It's cloudy and a bit chilly here in Southern New England. It's also a good day for cooking and I'm going to be making a big pot of vegetarian chile and a cornbread later this afternoon. 

On September 29th I took a daytrip to Southern NH with a friend. Again, it was a mask wearing long day, but it was a fun day and the weather was beautiful.

First stop of the day:


I'm all about back road driving......that's where you can find the good spots to photograph. As we were driving  North through the town of Peperrell MA we crossed a bridge that went over the Nashua River. The view to the right was lovely, so I turned around and parked the car and walked back to take some photos. I had left my house in SE MA at 4:40 AM and by the time we were this far North the sun was rising and there was no wind with just a bit of fog left on the water in the distance. 

We then made another road side stop at a very small and narrow bridge along the way. I forgot to take a cell phone shot at this location, so I have no idea where this was. Ugh. I really love this shot and regret not knowing the exact location. It is somewhere in Northern MA near the NH border. 

A bit of Autumn Americana:


We then made it to our first destination.....the beautiful town of Harrisville NH. It was my first time here, and I immediately fell in love with this quaint Southern NH town.





From here, we meandered some back roads in the area and came across this old shed which was just begging to be photographed.




We also stumbled upon this field of grazing sheep.


We then made our way towards Mount Monadnock and found this lovely back lit New England Fall scene, complete with a stone wall. 


Some road side blue berries. We didn't eat any, although I was tempted.


Here is Mount Monadnock taken from Perkins Pond in Troy NH:


An adorable farm in Dublin NH with Mount Monadnock in the background.


Our final stop of the day just as the clouds were rolling in was the Jaffrey Meetinghouse in Jaffrey NH.


So happy I was able to safely make this day trip happen.
Stay safe and healthy my friends!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely set. The church with reflection is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your wonderful images, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking and replying Muffy. I’m really glad you enjoyed them.

      Delete
  3. Great photo essays Carol! Those blueberries look a lot like grapes to me:) They would have been delicious. Thank you for posting your adventures!
    Greg

    ReplyDelete