New England Blogs

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Scituate Harbor Moonrise

It was a gorgeous evening to be out at the sea shore last evening. I went to Scituate Harbor (MA) to photograph the near full moon rising.


It was a very calm evening with little to no wind.......the calm before the storm as Tropical Storm Isaias is due to hit us today. We are not expecting severe weather here along the coast as the storm has taken a bit more of a Westerly track but there will be some rain and winds and some high surf. 

I was struggling with my exposures as the moon was rising and was trying all sorts of different settings to get a look that I liked. This next image was taken in the dark, though by looking at it, you would never know. I love how the moon rise mimics a sunrise in this shot. (ISO 1250, f8, 13 second exposure)


As we walked the beach back to our cars, I remembered this area of grass and boulders and decided to stop at this spot to make a few photos using the grass and boulders as a forefront interest, using a flashlight to light paint the grass. The clouds were really beginning to take over at this point, and I was pretty happy with the way this came out as well. 


I hope everyone stays safe during this storm and as always, hope you are safe and healthy during these difficult times. xxoo


4 comments: