New England Blogs

Monday, August 24, 2020

Nobska Beach and Lighthouse Falmouth MA

 A few days ago I took a ride down to Falmouth (a town located on Cape Cod MA) to photograph the sunset. Luckily, Mother Nature provided a brilliant sunset sky.





I decided to do some landscape panning as the sky was really lighting up after the sun set in some pretty deep and vibrant incredible colors. Landscape panning is a technique in which I lowered my shutter to a slow shutter speed. In this instance, I used a shutter speed of 0.6seconds, and as I pressed the shutter I slowly "panned" the camera sideways to give a soft blur to the image.


After I finished taking a series of shots on the beach, I walked up to the lighthouse. (Nobska Lighthouse)


Here is a night shot of the lighthouse. Unfortunately, there is some construction going on at the location and it was disappointing to see the orange fencing on the stairway and the small barrier fencing in the forefront. But it's just another reason to go back! It's only an hour and 15 minute drive from my home.


Hope you are staying safe and healthy my friends. xxoo




3 comments:

  1. Carol, you "wring" the finest photos out of every location you visit! Not many photographers see and work as effectively as you do. Brava!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collection of skies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots! The clouds and the surf in the first photograph feel like they are waltzing together.

    ReplyDelete