New England Blogs

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Comet Neowise/Milky Way/ Duxbury Beach/Powder Point Bridge

I went out again last night to photograph the Comet Neowise. My goal was to get it over the Powder Point Bridge in Duxbury MA, which is only about a 35- 40 minute drive from my home. The comet is not very bright in this shot, but there's a lot of city light pollution in the sky so am pretty happy that I got this shot: (Be sure to click images to get larger views)


Here's a 30 second exposure taken later of the bridge with tail lights and head lights from cars crossing the bridge.


The Milky Way over the sand dunes on Duxbury Beach. I actually was lucky to get this shot because the clouds quickly took over and obscured the Milky Way after this.


The tail end of the Milky Way over the ocean.Due to the cloud cover, the Milky Way wasn't visible to the naked eye when I took this shot. I noticed the faint presence of the Milky Way after I downloaded the pictures and saw it on my computer screen. I brought it out more with processing. It was a pleasant surprise for sure.


Night shot of lifeguard station along the beach.





No comments:

Post a Comment