New England Blogs

Friday, March 27, 2020

Social Distancing Visit

Hi All. Hope you are doing well. It's been a long time since I've seen my grandchildren. I'm used to seeing them once or twice a week, and since I started social distancing for health reasons, before most people, it feels like it's been forever since I saw them. I'm thrilled to say  I had a social distancing visit with my son N and my grandson Henry this morning!!!!!!!

I was in my backyard with Rudy (our dog) and they came and met me back there. It's incredible how a three year old understands the concept of social distancing. We all stood from 6-10 feet away from each other during the entire visit. I say it's incredible, but it's also very sad that this is the way life is nowadays. It's difficult to remain optimistic that this is only temporary, but it's what we must do.


That's a zoomed in and cropped cell phone shot. Henry loves to see our next door neighbors chickens. It warmed my heart to have just that little time of normalcy with them. I hope you are also finding ways to bring some normalcy into this "new normal" we are now living.

"Teddy" also came along for today's visit, as you can see him safely tucked under Henry's arms. 


I look forward to the day when I can safely tuck Henry in my own arms. Please be well and stay safe. xxoo


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Salty. I appreciate it. You also please stay safe!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for letting us share this experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry. I'm happy to see you're able to comment here again. Thank you again for the recent emails.

      Delete
  3. So glad you can have your family around you, even if 'at the distance'. Bless you all with hopeful thoughts . . . I'll enjoy the new 'Words for Wednesday' accompanied with an "Image by Carol Smith" ~ ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to hear from you Cynthia! Thanks so much for your always positive and upbeat comments. Please let me know if there's anything you need or I can do for you from afar.

      Delete