New England Blogs

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Bragg Hill/Mount Ellen Waitsfield VT

I'm baaaack after a week in Vermont. I apologize for not writing any blog posts but I was on the go the entire time. I'll share with you one of my favorite photos I have taken so far this Fall. This was taken on Sunday morning, October 6. As the sun rose behind me, it lit up the clouds over Mount Ellen for a brief couple of minutes. I had a ten stop neutral density filter on my lens to help me create a long exposure to see the movement of the clouds. You will notice that the leaves on the forefront trees are showing motion blur from the wind. This is a 30 second exposure. Click on photo for a larger view.


The light was fleeting. I got three 30 second exposures done before the pink light was gone. It was magical while it lasted. These are the moments that I love what I do.

4 comments:

  1. I really love this image!It's radiant!!!! I have to look for my 10 stop ND lens....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful image Carol! I am looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photograph is just beautiful. Love the clouds! The colors are just popping!

    ReplyDelete