New England Blogs

Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday


The most solemn of all of the Holy Days. When I was a little girl, we were not allowed to go out and have fun on Good Friday. It was a day to mourn and reflect and pay respect to Jesus. I remember when I was in high school, my friends couldn't believe that my parents would not let me go out at night on Good Friday. Are you kidding???? A Friday night and you can't go out????? LOL Even when I was dating Mr. S I couldn't go out on Good Friday.

I was not as strict with my kids on Good Friday. But, I did make sure that they knew the true meaning of the day and it's importance in our lives. I also took them to the Holy Thursday Mass and the Stations of the Cross on Good Friday each year. 

In life, we do as we know.

Wishing you and yours a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment