New England Blogs

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 A Year In Review

Happy New Year! It's hard to believe that another year has gone by. The older I get the quicker the time flies. I hope you had a good 2013 and wish you a very happy and healthy 2014.
2013 was a good year for us....especially with the addition of Ryleigh to our family. We are really looking forward to the next addition to our family....we will be blessed with a Daughter In Law in March, when N marries Melissa. Can't wait! :-)

Ever since the beginning of this blog, I have posted my favorite images I have taken each year. As I looked back into my files from this year, I noticed that I have shot less images this year than I have in the past five years. I'm hoping to turn that around in 2014....and Mother nature is giving a good reason to get out there to shoot with the impending Nor'Easter that is predicted to arrive tomorrow.

So here is the photographic year in review:
January brought me to Cohasset Harbor:



February brought the engagement of N and Melissa:


March brought the swans at Island Grove in Abington as they began building their big nest:


A walk through Ames Nowell State Park in Abington with some camera club friends:


A visit to our friend's Sugarhouse in Barton VT:


And a photo outing with friends from the blinds at the Daniel Webster Wildlife Sanctuary in Marshfield.


April brought a visit to the Bridgewater State College Observatory with my camera club, where I was able to attach my camera to a telescope and photograph the planet Saturn!



Mothers Day in May brought the opportunity to catch my Mom with her newest Great granchild, Sawyer:


The Abington sygnets were born in May:


And some newborn goslings as well:


June brought a camera club trip to Baxter State Park in Maine:



Miss J's baby shower had a surprise visit from Chef Gordon Ramsey:



July brought a visit to the running of the cows at Buttonwood Farms in Griswold CT, again with my camera club friends:



In August, we were waiting the arrival of Miss J and Steve's baby:


And we celebrated the folk's 91st birthday!


September our lives changed in the most incredible and amazing way....more than I could even imagine...with the birth of our grandaughter Ryleigh on Sept 13th.

She was even smiling on the day she was born......




September also brought a Foliage Photography trip to the NEK of VT with camera club. Too many images to share from the wonderful trip so here is one random image:


October brought yet another camera club trip....this time to Stepstone Falls in RI:



November brought Ryleigh's Christening:


And a walk around War Memorial Park in West Bridgewater:


December was a lot of fun photographing Ryleigh:



A trip to Edaville Railroad with camera club:


And the final image I took in 2013 was taken yesterday, on New Years Eve, as Abington welcomed home Sgt. Daniel Vasselian, a hometown hero who was killed while serving in Afghanistan. This image is a symbol of Patriotism, innocence during times of tragedy, and the promise of new beginnings.


May you and your families be blessed this year, and I wish you good luck, good light, and good photo opportunities!!!
With much love,
Carol



No comments:

Post a Comment