New England Blogs

Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Big Moose Inn, Millinocket Lake Maine

I couldn't finish up the series of blog posts from my recent Maine trip without mentioning the place where we stayed....The Big Moose Inn!!!!




This place was the perfect home away from home for all twenty of us in our group. The inn rooms were sparkling clean and furnished with wonderful antique furnishings. The beds were extremely comfortable and were made with cozy linens.
There is a common area on the first floor we we would gather and relax on the comfy 4 leather sofas which were arranged in a square conversation arrangement with a huge antique square coffee table in the center of the arrangement. It was so relaxing to sit here, share stores, have a drink which you carried out from the bar and grill, and watch tv if you chose to do so.
I wanted to take the coffee table home with me......strap it to the roof of my vehicle.....but I think the inn would miss it!! :-)

Here is the common area and we were greeted with a welcoming sign during our stay!



Complimentary breakfast was served every morning from 7am to 9am. However, seeing as though we were a photography group and wanted to be up and out before the crack of dawn, we were easily accommodated with breakfast as early as we requested.
Now I call that superior service!
The breakfasts were delicious and the dinners were also delicious. You have your choice of fine dining in the restaurant, or to have lighter fare in the Loose Moose Bar and Grill where we watched the Bruins game on Friday evening and the Sox game on Saturday evening.

We hope to return to Millinocket in a year or two, and we would not think of staying anywhere else but the Big Moose Inn.

I hope you enjoyed the series of blog posts from Maine. I have some catching up to do....as I just returned home from a trip to Vermont....so the next few blog posts will be about that Vermont trip where I got some pretty summer scenics, as well as some wildlife images that I can't wait to share.

Happy Summer everyone!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Millinocket and hope to move there after I retire. There is so much scenery to view and many things to do. Every day is an adventure!

    ReplyDelete