New England Blogs

Monday, October 8, 2012

Thurman Dix Reservoir (E Barre VT)

I just love it when really good things come from making a mistake. After we left Seyon State Park in Groton VT we were going to head to Groton State Forest. We got to the main road, and I mistakenly told Mr S to take a right, when we actually should have taken a left. After a few miles, I realized my mistake. We stopped at a gas station to fill up and use the restroom. We also bought a few sandwiches for a picnic lunch at the State Forest. (I knew there was nowhere else to get food for lunch once we hit the state park, and I need to keep Mr S happy and well fed) :-) I told the cashier about my mistake and she recommended we turn onto Reservoir Road on our way back because she said it was beautiful there with beautiful reflections. So, we followed her advice and it was beautiful there!
Nikon D90, ISO 200, 1/30, f8, +1/3ev
We drove to the end to "scope out" the place and stopped at the end where there was a woman photographing the birds. I got out of the car with my camera and joined her. She was very kind and told me about many of her experiences photographing here. As I was leaving, we exchanged business cards. I looked at her card and realized that this woman is someone whose work I admire and respect. She is a well accomplished wildlife/landscape photographer from VT named Linda Baird White. Here is her website:
One of the images I made while speaking with her:
Nikon D90, ISO 200, 1/160, f9
A few more images resulting from my "mistake":

Nikon D90, ISO 200, 1/50, f22, +1/3ev

Nikon D90, ISO 200, 1/50, f22, +1/3ev
Life is full of surprises!!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful colors. Guess you're not leaving anything for me!!

    ReplyDelete