New England Blogs

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Green River Covered Bridge, Vermont

I really need an intervention. My obsession with Fall in Vermont has come to an all time low. Or is it a high? I think it's a high. Others may disagree. :-) So what? After spending 7 days in Vermont I came home and then turned around and went back up to VT yesterday just for the day. I left my house at 5:30 am and got home last night at 9:30pm. Is there really anything abnormal about that? I didn't think so........

Yesterday was a trip to Southeast VT and SW NH. These are areas I have yet to explore. It was a cloudy day (surprise surprise.....what else could we expect with the way this Fall has been going) But, it never rained and the clouds actually were helpful as we visited some waterfalls and were able to take slow shutter speed shots without too much worry of blowing out the highlights.

The Green river Covered Bridge in Guilford VT was my favorite place we stopped to photograph yesterday. This scene is like a step back in time, and it was wonderful to explore this whole area on foot with camera and tripod in hand.

The two red barns on the hill behind the bridge make this scene extra special.
Nikon D90, 17-55 mm lens, ISO 400, 1/20, f16

The Green River Timber Dam runs alongside the bridge.

Nikon D90, 17-55 mm lens, 1/10, f22, -5ev


Nikon D90, 17-55 mm lens, 1/6, f22, -4ev


Nikon D90, 17-55 mm lens, ISO 400, 1/20, f16, -1/3 ev


Nikon D90, 17-55 mm lens, ISO 400, 1/10, f22, -4 2/3ev
I'm so glad that I took this daytrip. It was worth it! More to come from this trip but I also have more to post from the previous week I spent in VT. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment