New England Blogs

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Brownington Congregational Church

Day 336/Year 2
Today is Ash Wednesday. This is the first year in a very long time that I haven't gotten my ashes. Now I feel guilty. I typically feel guilty for things though......it's from my Catholic upbringing......I call it the Catholic guilt. If you were raised in a strict Catholic household, and especially if you attended Catholic school, then you know exactly where I am coming from. Now, don't get me wrong.......I am not knocking my religion.......just stating the facts about the whole Catholic guilt thing. :-) At least I'm abstaining from eating meat and from eating between meals today. That's got to count for something, right???? :-)
Well, tonight I am going to "find my inner spirit" at the Plymouth Public Library. (I wonder if my inner spirit suffers from the Catholic guilt.........it just may!!!!) :-)
The program I will be attending is given by my photography friend Greg Lessard.......it is about finding your inner spirit and how to allow your inner spirit to come out in your photography. In part two of the program, Greg will be showing a slideshow of images he took out West last year, and he will be playing the Native American Flute during the slideshow.
Todays images were taken on Sunday morning in Vermont. This is the Brownington Congregational Church that you are seeing.

Sooooooooo..........I'm looking forward to tonight's program. I think I already have a pretty good handle on my inner spirit, and I think I use my inner spirit already in my photography.........meaning I feel like I photograph what I am drawn to and what makes me happy (perhaps I was a farmer in a former life?????) But seriously, I am drawn to photograph certain subjects, and I believe if you like your subject, then it will show in your photographs. It will be interesting to see what Greg has to say tonight, and I'm hoping to learn a little bit about myself and my photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment