New England Blogs

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nailing the shot

Day 322/Year 2
Today was a pretty good day. How was your day? I hope you had a good one. I was out with the folks for a while. On the way home, I took a drive through the cemetery. My wildlife friends were not around so I went looking for them down at the pond. BINGO! There were lots of mallard ducks and Canada Geese, and the swans were close to shore.......love when they are close to shore. I spent a little while photographing them, waiting for something to happen..........the geese were diving for food, the gulls were taking flight........and I got many shots of these activities........but nothing was exciting me......until this swan stood up and stretched his wings, practically filling the frame of my camera.....and he was positioned perfectly in the frame.......allowing enough " room" in the frame in the direction of where he was looking.
It's a great feeling, that as soon as you press the shutter, and you just know you nailed the shot.......always puts a smile on my face and gives my heart an extra beat! Fun stuff!!!

4 comments: