Lets' move on to happier things, shall we? :-) Like, this antique Police Call Box that N purchased on EBay. It arrived via UPS this afternoon and I think it's pretty darn cool!
This circa 1940's callbox was used in Marblehead MA............Humphrey Street at Atlantic Ave.
Pretty cool, huh?
The police on foot patrols would use these boxes to contact the Police Station. They would have to call usually every half hour to see if there were any calls pending. This of course, was before radios were used.
This is what the interior looks like:
This callbox is a nice addition to the antique police memorobilia that N is collecting. When he buys his own house, he hopes to have a nice room to display his collection.
Now onto the buffalo chicken wonton recipe as promised yesterday:
Buffalo Chicken wontons:
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast
Franks red hot sauce
5 green onions chopped
1/2 block regular cream cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
blue cheese dressing-for serving
1. cube chicken (season salt, pepper, garlic powder) and cook in olive oil in large skillet
2. Once fully cooked, add 1/4 cup hot sauce and cook 1-2 minutes
3. Remove from pan and mince in food processor. Remove back to pan.
4. Add green onions to food processor and mince. Put back into pan w/ chicken
5. cook chicken, green onions, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and hot sauce to taste. Cook till melted and heated through.
6. Put about 1/2-1 tsp. of chicken mixture into the middle of the wonton. Fold over into a triangle. Using your fingers, press along the edge with a little bit of water.
7. Fry in veg. oil approx 1 minute.
8. serve w/ blue cheese
****These are mild........add more hot sauce to taste if you like it hotter****