New England Blogs

Friday, April 8, 2022

York Maine and Nubble Lighthouse

 Today's blog post takes us to York Maine. I headed up to Maine at 4:30 Wednesday morning to meet up with a couple of photography friends. My good friend Andy (the cowriter of the e-book we wrote together) was up in Maine this week on a photography trip, so I went up to join him and his friend Rich for the day. You can find Andy's beautiful work on his web site   LightCentricPhotography

Our first stop of the day was at Fisherman's Wharf in York. We arrived very shortly after sunrise. Here are a few morning shots we took at this location.


Once the sun poked through, there was a lovely softness to the sky.





We then stopped at a nearby beach and I enjoyed seeing these two dogs running around without a care in the world.


From here we went a few miles to Nubble Lighthouse. The light was magical.


We (2 of my friends were with me) then headed to Perkins Cove to meet Andy and Rich for the day. Those photos will be posted on the next blog post, but we ended up returning to York late in the day and I would like to share the late day photos we took at Fisherman's Pier. Our return visit had cloudy skies but we found some interesting thing to shoot.
A lobster boat pulled in and we spoke with the lobstermen who gave us permission to photograph them.









I spotted a bald eagle flying very high in the sky. It was too far away for a decent shot but I was happy to spot him. One of the locals showed me where the nearby nest is, but Mama was down low laying on her eggs so I didn't have an opportunity to photograph her.


It was a great time spent in the York area. The next blog will feature some of the other coastal villages that we visited.

2 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic day with your photo friends! You really have captured the essence of coastal Maine. And a bald eagle, no less, to end the trip!

    ReplyDelete