New England Blogs

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Goodwin Family Maple St Johnsbury VT

 The third and final sugar house we visited was Goodwin Family Maple in St Johnsbury. This was my first visit. Once again, the smell was intoxicating as soon as we stepped out of the car.


Jeff the owner. He was so welcoming.


Jeff was busy with other visitors when I arrived and I spent most of my time talking to his son. He told me he was the 6th generation of his family to work in the sugar house. Think about that for a second. That's pretty amazing in my opinion. I love how these family operations carry on generation to generation. His son is very passionate about the business and it was a pleasure to speak to him.

This was the first time I have seen a wood fired operation. His son would feed the fire about every ten minutes.




Other parts of the operation





Window view


The sample of syrup I was given was divine. Absolutely delicious! I'm planning on returning to this sugar house again next Spring. It was an awesome day.
 Special thanks to the Goodwin family for their hospitality!

Next blog post will feature a few photos of day two of the weekend.

2 comments: