New England Blogs

Friday, November 6, 2020

Taftsville Covered Bridge Woodstock VT

 The Taftsville Covered Bridge is a timber framed covered bridge that spans The Ottauquechee River in the Taftsville village of Woodstock VT. It was built in 1836 and is one of the oldest remaining covered bridges in not only Vermont, but in the nation.

I photographed the bridge one evening in October. I knew that this was one of the few covered bridges that is illuminated within at night, and it was on my bucket list to photograph at night this Fall.



I also stopped to photograph this beautiful bridge on our final day in VT, backlit by the sun, as we were on our way home.


Hope all is well with you during these crazy and unsettling times. Stay safe and healthy my friends. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ed, I appreciate it. I'm glad I made it there at night to do this.

      Delete