New England Blogs

Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Year In Review

2018 may not have been my best year, but will not complain. There was a lot of sadness this year, but it was also mixed in with a lot of joy. I spent way too much time being sick and missed a lot of photo opportunities because of that. But it could be so much worse and I'm thankful for all of the many blessings in my life. I'm looking forward to 2019 and all of the opportunities the new year brings. Thank you for following the blog throughout the past year. I hope to kick it up a notch this year and plan to post as often as I can. 

As I have done each year for the past 8 years, I'm going to post my personal favorites from this year. These may not all be technically my best, but they each have a special meaning to me.

Sunrise in Scituate MA, taken in February on the 4th anniversary of my Mom's passing. Each year my sister and I have gone out for sunrise on this date, and each year we can feel our Moms presence:


A weekend get away to VT in March provided an overnight few inches of snow that I was very happy to see and photograph. This image was taken along one of my favorite places in Barton VT.........along May Pond Road.


Also in March, the day after my Dads funeral, and the day before St Patrick's Day, we were blessed to welcome this handsome 10 pound Lad into our family.....our 4th grandchild, Joseph.


Easter with three of the grands....




Two Bald Eaglets that I had the pleasure to photograph this Spring and Summer were a highlight for me:


One of the adults bringing lunch to the nest:


A fun evening with camera club friends this Summer......photographing in Boston.


Julian Edelman taken at The NE Patriots Training Camp. (Love me some Jules):


Three of my favorite images taken this Fall.

Loved the way the Maple Trees frame the distant hillside cabin. Taken in Greensboro VT:


Godfingers lighting up the distant mountains from Barton VT:


True colors at Coffin Pond in Sugar Hill NH:


Three favorites from Upper State NY trip:


Have never seen a rainbow as vivid as this. It was spectacular!


Fly Fisherman at one of the many waterfalls that we visited.


Our grandson Henry......I got the idea in my head to photograph him with his teddy bear looking down into the living room at the Christmas tree. This isn't exactly what I was envisioning, but it is close and this may just be my favorite photo of the year.


Opening up my arms to 2019. Bring it on!!!!! I wish you peace, love, good health and happiness.



4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Your photographs are not only beautiful, they are inspiring as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well Salty! Thank you so much for all of your kind comments and support here on the blog throughout the year. It's always a pleasure to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. May 2019 bless you with the wealth that is health! Your images and words are both lovely to see. May you also be blessed with many more glad rather than sad times in this life! Into the light of 2019 we go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your kind and thoughtful message. It warms my heart and I truly appreciate it.

      Delete