New England Blogs

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Fall Colors Northeast Kingdom of Vermont

I've been photographing the peak Fall Foliage colors in the NEK of VT for fifteen years. This years colors were exceptionally vibrant. I'd say it was one of the top three foliage seasons that I have seen.

This blog post is all about the colors. These images were not saturated and I didn't adjust the colors in processing. It actually was difficult to not blow out the red channels when photographing this year. THAT'S how vibrant the reds were.

Sheffield VT


Newark VT 


Newark VT


Many more blog posts from this years foliage season in VT to come.

6 comments:

  1. Carol,
    The colors are simply stunning!!! Unbelievable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice. It was a season to go down in the record books. Some areas had colors so rich and vibrant that it was jaw dropping. I'm blessed to have had the opportunity to see it and capture it with my camera. I hope you are enjoying your Fall season.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Stunning photographs!
    I heard on the news the reds this year are vibrant. Your photographs are proof they even surpass brilliant. At this Vermont elevation, there are vibrant oranges more than full reds, but is not peak yet.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you May. It truly was incredible. If you don;t mind me asking, what area of Vermont do you live in? You are so lucky to live in what I feel is one of the most beautiful places in the country.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, the reds in New England this year were more plentiful and at least as vibrant as anything I've ever seen. I guess the best color I've seen (when photographing) prior to this year was in either 2003 or 2013 in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, but without question, the color was better in northern New England this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly picked the right year to come to New England. I think it was meant to be, as the original trip you had planned for this Fall fell through. I just love when things like that happen and I'm a firm believer that everything in life happens for a reason!

      Delete