New England Blogs

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tugboat Symbolism



A Memorial was held today at MIT in Boston for slain MIT Police Office Sean A. Collier who was gunned down this week by the 2 Boston Marathon Bombers. Sean had a promising career in policing  ahead of him, and from all of the reports from his friends and family, he was a very special person who truly loved his profession.
Today's memorial was attended by thousands of police officers from not only around the state of MA, but the entire country and around the world. I'm proud that my son "N" attended this service to honor his "fallen brother".
When I saw this little tugboat come across the bay in Weymouth this afternoon, the symbolism struck me right away. My thoughts at the time were on the city of Boston......and my thoughts were especially on the memorial service which was going on. I couldn't help but feel the symbolism of this little tug....as it chugged away towards the city (You can see the Prudential Building and the John Hancock Tower in the distance)
This tug helps it's fellow ships in time of need....and supports them when they are down......just as the thousands of officers were supporting the Collier Family, the MIT Police Force, and the Somerville Police Force.
I hope Officer Collier's friends and family found comfort from all of the support at today's memorial.
Rest in Peace Officer Collier. You will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment