New England Blogs

Friday, November 16, 2012

Early evening in Vermont

Okay. We're back to the Fall images in Vermont tonight. I hope you're not sick of them because there's plenty more from where these came from. It's crazy how many blog worthy images I got in VT this Fall. Crazy in a good way that is. A very good way.
Do you remember a few weeks ago I blogged about the day Mr S and I went to Killington and met up with some friends? It was a good 2 and a half hour drive from our home in Barton down to Killington.........and the weather was not great during most of that day. In fact, we drove home for 2 and a half hours in off and on downpours and low clouds and fog. We arrived back up to Barton about an hour before sunset. The weather in Barton was dramatically better than the weather we had throughout the entire day. I looked at Mr S and said "Sorry, but I've got to go out and take advantage of the weather." Mr S just shook his head and gave me the "you are one crazy girl look" that he gives me......and off I went to catch the last hour of daylight of the day. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do................
I headed up the road to photograph this farm in Glover:

See? Not bad, huh? The low clouds lifted enough to see the distant hillsides. I shot this one from high up on a hill shooting down on the scene. Before I went up the hill, I was shooting the scene from the road, when this couple strolled by me on their evening walk. I waited for them to get a good distance down the road from me, turned my tripod, and got this shot, which I love........


I then quickly drove down to Lake Parker and got a few shots off during the final minutes of daylight.


Caught a little window light across the lake in this final image......


So, I ended up getting some images that I am happy with during this hour. I have said it here before on the blog and I will say it again. If you are serious about your photography, then you've got to get the getting while the getting's good. I was tired. It had been a very long day. But I went out during that final hour of the day to take advantage of the weather conditions. The weather this Fall was pretty dismal, but I still was able to come away with many images that are keepers due to persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment