New England Blogs

Monday, March 28, 2011

Mind BOG-gling

Day 5/Year 2
I hope you're not "bogged down" with all of the busy things that life throws at us! :-) I was down at the bogs today, but I certainly wasn't bogged down. After picking up my contact lenses in Pembroke, I took a ride visiting some of the many ponds and cranberry bogs in that neck of the woods.
Those of us living in SE MA are very fortunate to live among literally hundreds of cranberry bogs. Perhaps we take them for granted and don't appreciate their beauty? The many different shades of the cranberry red color spread across the landscape is such a beautiful sight to behold.
Come October, most of the bogs in the area will be flooded and the cranberries will rise to the top and they will get sucked up and trucked away . This particular bog in Pembroke does "dry picking" and the cranberries are carried away in a helicopter that hovers as the cranberries are being picked. I missed getting down there to photograph the picking this past Fall. I hope to get down there this year, and if I do, I'll certainly post some photos here on the blog..............a bog blog!
The Specs:
Photo one: Nikon D90, 18-200 mm lens, ISO 200, 1/200, f11
Photo two: Nikon D90, 18-200 mm lens, ISO 200, 1/160, f11


No comments:

Post a Comment